Philadelphia Missionary Baptist Church
"The Church Of Brotherly Love"
1. We believe that the Sciptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired
by God, are inerrant in the original writings, are the Word of God, and the final
authority in faith and conduct. (Acts 3:21, Peter 1:21, 2 Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe in one God, the Creator of man and all things, eternally existing in three
Persons in a threefold relationship, that of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
( Genesis 1:1,1:26, John 1:1, 15:9, Micah 5:2, Collo
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Dpirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is God incarnate, the God-Man. (Luke 1:35, John 1:14)
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby
incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from
God; that Adam's sin is imputed to the whole race of mankind; that all human beings
are born with a sinful nature; and that when they reach the state of moral responsibility
become sinners before God in thought, word, and deed.
(Genesis 1:26, 2:17, Roman 5:12, 7:18, Galatian 5:17)
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures
as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe on Him are freely justified before
God and stand before Him accepted in the character and merit of Jesus Christ.
(1 Corinthian 15:3, John 3:16, Roman 5:8)
6. We believe in the bodly resurrection of Jesus Christ, in His ascension into heaven
and that in His present glorified body He is the Head of the Church, the Lord of the
individual believer, the High Priest over the House of God, and the advocate in the
Family of God. (John 20:27, 24:1-6, Acts 1:11 accension, 1 John 2:1 advocate, Hebrews 7:17 Hi Priest)
7. We believe in the personal, imminant, pretribulational, and premillennial second
coming of Christ; first to receive His own to Himself, and later to set up His earthly
kingdom and to reign over redeemed Israel and all nations; that is to bring peaace and blessing to the whole world. (1 Thessolonian 4:14-17, John 14:2-3)
8. We believe that all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour are born
again of the Holy Spirit and Word of God, receive the Holy Spirit and a new nature,
and also are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ.
(1 Corithian 13:13, John 1:12)
9. We believe that God is the spiritual Father of only those who trust His Son, Jesus Christ, as Saviour, and that only those saved through faith in Christ are spiritual
brothers. (Roman 8:16, 9:7)
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting
blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the unsaved.
(John 5:28-29, Roman 8:11)